Business English Coaches
All our coaches are professional and highly motivated, their only objective is the success of the learner. Let's Talk Lingo language coaches have mother-tongue proficiency in the language they teach. They are all trained by Let's Talk Lingo experts in how to apply our unique language training methods and use our specially designed material with individuals or small groups.
- Only the target language is used in the lesson. The trainer will not translate for you, but will help you discover the meaning of words in context. This is done gradually and carefully, allowing each learner the time to understand the language.
- The main focus of lessons is on speaking and listening. In order to use a language correctly, you have to first be able to speak it. Reading and writing are also taught, but language is introduced through speaking. The coach ensures that all learners can pronounce every word correctly before the lesson proceeds.
- Learn language patterns through examples, not explanations. Understanding the language in context encourages the learners to develop comprehension skills for general understanding. These abilities are required in everyday communication. Even grammar is learned by active example rather than through long and tedious grammar explanations.
- Learners have the opportunity to speak as much as possible. Learners are encouraged to use the language actively throughout the learning process. This requires total participation. Coaches keep their talking time to a minimum to allow learners the maximum amount of practice during a training session.
- Individual learning needs are met in a relaxed atmosphere. The aims of each learner are considered and integrated; courses are designed to accommodate different learning styles. This all occurs in a fun and relaxed environment.
- A positive approach to error correction is adopted. Learners are encouraged to self-correct to achieve accurate pronunciation and to be able to use a language structure efficiently in conversation. We regard language learning as a process of continual improvement.
- Previous knowledge of a topic is checked before presenting new language. If you already know a word or can use a structure, we will take it from there: building on your personal knowledge of the language.
- Feel free to experiment. You are encouraged to express opinions and experiment with the new language you have learned.
- A variety of training techniques are used. Although the aims of each session are clearly defined, coaches will use a variety of techniques during the lesson. Different learning styles and contexts are considered: helping the learner to use the language in different real life situations
- Books are closed during the first few lessons. The language is introduced to the learner through speaking before it is presented in the written form. The Course Book is later used exclusively for reading, writing, listening and speaking practice.